The Embassy of the Kingdom of Belgium in Singapore is looking for an enthusiastic Consular Officer to join the Embassy team on a part-time basis (80%). The Consular Officer is part of the consular team and reports to the Consul. The officer will attend to our Belgian and international customers. He/she will maintain a good working relationship with all team members of the Embassy.
The description of the job has been shared by them through their official Facebook account,
The officer has capability of doing various tasks but should be not limited to:
Should carry out the wide range of tasks, such as handling applications, prepare attestations, do necessary checks, assuring proper follow-up for files of registered individuals, registering documents and prepare legalizations
– Is client-oriented, is patient and works well under pressure.
– Needs to actively stay up to date with regulatory changes.
– Provides support in financial administration, such as dealing with the cashbox, following up on payments and handling declarations.
– Answers and gives information via phone and email (receptionist).
– Apt in IT applications, including social media.
– May be exceptionally called upon to help out in organizing or/and during embassy functions.
– Organized with enthusiastic, flexible and pro-active attitude to variable tasks and workloads.
– Able to plan his/her work.
– Flexible team-player who can also work on an individual basis with a positive work attitude and collaborative mind set.
– Hands-on person who takes initiative.
– Feeling for a diplomatic environment in a multi-cultural context.
– Secondary/higher vocational level or a bachelor degree.
– Aptitude for administrative work and feeling for procedural regulations.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
– Fluent in French (preferably native speaker) and English.
– Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
– Residence permit valid since at least June 2022.
Available asap. The successful candidate will be offered a local contract for one year (extendable).